BigDataX BSMP Program -- Summer 2017
The BigDataX (from theory to practice in Big Data computing at eXtreme scales) is a Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) site in Chicago Illinois. The primary objective of this award is to promote a data-centric view of scientific and technical computing, at the intersection of distributed systems theory and practice. To apply to the program, see the online application (deadline March 3rd, 2017, but will remain open until all positions are filled, up to 12 positions in total). For eligibility requirements, click here.
Below is BigDataX BSMP 2015 students and their mentors at IIT in June 2015.
Below is BigDataX REU 2016 Site along with the 2016 BSMP students visiting Argonne National Laboratory in June 2016.
Below are REU and DataSys students (including 1 BSMP student) at the IEEE/ACM Supercomputing/SC 2016 conference in Salt Lake City Utah in November 2016.
- IIT: Illinois Institute of Technology
- Student participating in the BSMP program
- For US citizens or permanent residents, please see the general BigDataX information page
- For Chicago area students, undergraduates or high school students, both domestic and international students, we have a unique opportunity to partiicpate in an international competition called Student Cluster Challenge at the IEEE/ACM Supercomputing/SC 2017 conference.
- Undergraduate student in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Application deadline: March 3rd, 2017
- Notification of decision: March 17th, 2017
- Program starts: May 22nd, 2017
- Program ends: July 14th, 2017
- Spend 8 weeks immersed in research on Big Data at Illinois Institute of Technology
- Prepare for graduate school
- Potentially publish papers and attend international conferences
- Spend the summer in one of the greatest cities in the world, Chicago Illinois
- No financial support will be given, as all BSMP students have their own financial support
- Housing on the IIT campus is available for the program duration