BigDataX BSMP Program -- Summer 2016
The BigDataX (from theory to practice in Big Data computing at eXtreme scales) is a Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) site in Chicago Illinois. The primary objective of this award is to promote a data-centric view of scientific and technical computing, at the intersection of distributed systems theory and practice. More information on potential projects has been posted. More information can be found at the general BigDataX site. To apply to the program, see the online application (deadline March 21st, 2016, but will remain open until all positions are filled, up to 6 to 12 positions in total). For eligibility requirements, click here.
Below is BigDataX BSMP 2015 students and their mentors at IIT in June 2015.
Below is entire BigDataX group, including REU and BSMP students, and their mentors at IIT in June 2015.
- IIT: Illinois Institute of Technology
- Data-Intensive Computing Applications (more here)
- Parallel Programming Systems (more here)
- Distributed Storage Systems (more here)
- Theory of Big Data
- Student participating in the BSMP program
- Undergraduate student in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Application deadline: March 21st, 2016
- Notification of decision: April 4th, 2016
- Program starts: May 23rd, 2016
- Program ends: July 15thth, 2016
- Spend 8 weeks immersed in research on Big Data at Illinois Institute of Technology
- Prepare for graduate school
- Potentially publish papers and attend international conferences
- Spend the summer in one of the greatest cities in the world, Chicago Illinois
- No financial support will be given, as all BSMP students have their own financial support
- Housing on the IIT campus is available for the program duration