[HPDC-announce] HPDC Achievement Award Call for Nominations
iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Mon Mar 31 20:10:33 CDT 2014
Achievement Award Call for Nominations
HPDC Achievement Award Call
In 2012, HPDC has established an*annual achievement award*, which will
be presented to an individual who has made long-lasting, influential
contributions to the foundations or practice of the field of
high-performance parallel and distributed computing (HPDC). These
contributions may include one or more of the following:
* conceptual advances that have influenced the design or operation of
HPDC systems or applications;
* innovative techniques or tools for the design or analysis of HPDC
systems or applications;
* the design, the implementation, and the deployment of innovative
(components of) HPDC systems or applications;
* the analysis of innovative (components of) HPDC systems or applications.
In selecting the achievement award recipient, the Award Selection
Committee will place particular emphasis on seminal contributions and a
sustained record of high-impact in the field.
Achievement Award Talk
The award will be presented at the 23nd ACM Symposium on
High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC-23) to be held
in Vancouver, Canada, from June 23-27, 2014. The winner should be
available to receive the award in person and present an achievement
award talk at the HPDC-23 conference.
Nominations for the 2014 Award
Candidates may be nominated by colleagues. A nomination (in the form of
a single pdf file) should be approximately one page long and contain the
1. The nominee's current*professional affiliation(s)*.
2. A brief*citation*(thirty words or less) precisely stating the most
salient reason(s) why the nominee is qualified for the award.
3. A description of the*technical contributions*of the nominee and
their significance and impact.
*Nominations should be sent to*plale at cs.indiana.edu or matei at ece.ubc.ca..
Nomination deadline: April 7th, 2014
2014 Award Selection Committee
* Douglas Thain, University of Notre Dame
* Beth Plale, Indiana University
* Matei Ripeanu, The University of British Columbia
* Franck Cappello, Argonne National Lab and INRIA
* Dongyan Xu, Purdue University
* Miron Livny, University of Wisconsin
The award selection committee is chaired by a member of the HPDC
steering committee and includes the General Chair(s) and the Program
Committee Chair(s) of the current HPDC conference, and the previous
year's award winner. An award committee member cannot be a nominator or
be selected as the winner.
For more information, see
Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
Guest Research Faculty, Argonne National Laboratory (ANL)
Data-Intensive Distributed Systems Laboratory, CS/IIT
Distributed Systems Laboratory, MCS/ANL
Editor: IEEE TCC, Springer Cluster, Springer JoCCASA
Chair: IEEE/ACM MTAGS, ACM ScienceCloud
Email: iraicu at cs.iit.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the HPDC-announce