[HPDC-announce] Call for participation: Programmable File Systems Workshop on Monday, 6/23 at HPDC 2014

Carlos Maltzahn carlosm at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Jun 16 18:07:27 CDT 2014

Dear HPDC community,

The workshop program of HPDC 2014 in Vancouver, BC, Canada is only a week away! We would like to draw you attention to PFSW 2014, the 1st Programmable File Systems Workshop, featuring a keynote talk by Alvin Cheung (MIT CSAIL) on "Rethinking the application-database interface", 3 papers, and a "fishbowl" panel on "Programmable File Systems: what, why, how?" moderated by Brent Welch (Google). The workshop program is at http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~carlosm/PFSW/Program.html.

Overview:
Keynote: Alvin Cheung (MIT CSAIL)
- Rethinking the application-database interface

Paper Session:
- Creating a Programmable Object Stack
- Building an Extensible File System via Policy-based Data Management
- QoS-Aware Storage Virtualization for Cloud File Systems

Fishbowl Panel moderated by Brent Welch (Google)
- Programmable File Systems: what, why, how?

We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver next week!

Cheers,
Carlos Maltzahn (UCSC), Pat McCormick (LANL)
PFSW 2014 Chairs
http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~carlosm/PFSW/Home.html

--
Carlos Maltzahn