[DistComp] [CFP] 3rd International Workshop on Modeling and Simulation of Peer-to-Peer Architectures and Systems (MOSPAS 2012)
michele.amoretti at unipr.it
Tue Jan 31 02:20:04 CST 2012
3rd International Workshop on Modeling and Simulation of Peer-to-Peer
Architectures and Systems (MOSPAS 2012)
CALL FOR PAPERS
As part of
The International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation
July 2 - 6, 2012
Paper Submission Deadline: February 10, 2012
Submissions could be for full papers, short papers, poster papers, or
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
The peer-to-peer (P2P) paradigm has emerged as a highly appealing solution
scalable and high-throughput resource sharing among decentralized
computational entities. This is achieved by employing appropriate
and communication systems without the necessity for central coordination.
The design, implementation, and analysis of P2P systems pose several
challenges, both with functional and non-functional properties, depending on
network size, churn rate and application context. This workshop has the
of providing an international forum for researchers and practitioners in all
P2P modeling and simulation areas, to present, discuss and exchange highly
innovative research results and advanced topics that mix theory and
The Workshop topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Formal Characterization of P2P Systems
* DEVS Modeling of P2P Systems
* Discrete Event Simulation of P2P Systems
* Agent-based Simulation of P2P Systems
* Novel Techniques for M&S of P2P Systems
* M&S-Based Development Methods Targeting P2P Systems
* P2P Overlay Schemes
* Advanced P2P Search Algorithms (Including Range, Wildcards, and
* Design and Analysis of P2P Applications and Services
* Analysis of Performance and Robustness of P2P Architectures
* P2P Workload Characterization and Simulation
* Analysis of Emergent Behaviors in P2P Systems
* Measurement and Discovery of Real-world P2P Topologies
* Evaluation of Consistency in P2P Systems
* Evaluation of Hybrid Systems (Client/Server Combined with P2P)
* Security in P2P Systems: Availability, Access Control, Integrity
* Countermeasures Against Free-Riding in P2P Networks
* Timing Violations for Multimedia and Other Real-Time Traffic in P2P
* Analysis of novel network services supporting P2P such as ALTO and LEDBAT
* Impact of P2P Traffic on the Network Infrastructure
* Green P2P Computing
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above
and other topics related to Peer to Peer architectures and systems modeling
Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted
Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation
addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and authors email addresses.
Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author and include up to 6
keywords from the above list of topics and an abstract of no more than 400
The full manuscript should be at most 7 pages using the two-column IEEE
Additional pages will be charged additional fee.
Short papers (up to 4 pages), poster papers and posters (please refer to
http://hpcs2012.cisedu.info/home/posters for the submission details) will
also be accepted for submission.
Please include page numbers on all preliminary submissions to make it
easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments.
Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript via email to the Workshop
at michele.amoretti at unipr.it and max.walter at siemens.com.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Each paper will receive a minimum of
Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, technical
clarity and presentation.
Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their papers will be
registered and presented at the workshop.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings which will
be made available at the time of the meeting.
Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on
the HPCS 2012 Conference web site.
Accepted papers will be given further guidelines in preparing and
submitting the final manuscript(s) together with the notification of
Paper Submissions: ---------------------------------------- February 10,
Acceptance Notification: ------------------------------------- March 14,
Camera Ready Papers and Registration Due: -------------------- April 11,
Conference Dates: ---------------------------------------- July 2 - 6,
University of Parma
Parco Area delle Scienze 181/a, 43124 Parma, Italy
Phone: + 39 0521 906147
Fax: + 39 0521 905723
Email: michele.amoretti at unipr.it
Gleiwitzer Str. 555, 90475 Nürnberg, Germany
Phone: + 49911 895 2709
Fax: + 49911 895 4903
Email: max.walter at siemens.com
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the workshop
International Program Committee members.
· Hesham H. Ali - University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA
· Bruno Ciciani - University of Rome, Italy
· Cheng-Fu Chou - National Taiwan University, Taiwan
· Thomas Fuhrmann - Technical University Munich, Germany
· Sarunas Girdzijauskas - Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden
· Gerhard Haßlinger - T-Systems, Germany
· Kenneth Hawick - Massey University, New Zealand
· Tobias Hoßfeld, Universität Würzburg
· Natarajan Meghanathan - Jackson State University, USA
· Nikos Ntarmos - University of Ioannina, Greece
· Etienne Riviere - University of Neuchatel, Switzerland
· Stefan Schmid - T-Labs / TU Berlin, Germany
· Matteo Sereno - University of Turin, Italy
· Kishor S. Trivedi - Duke University, USA
· Kurt Tutschku - University of Vienna, Austria
· Oliver Waldhorst - Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
If you have any questions about paper submission or the workshop, please
contact the workshop organizers.
For information or questions about Conference's paper submission,
tutorials, posters, workshops, special sessions, exhibits, demos, panels
and forums organization, doctoral colloquium, and any other information
about the conference location, registration, paper formatting, etc., please
consult the Conference’s web site at http://cisedu.us/rp/hpcs12 or contact
one of the Conference's organizers.
If you have any questions about the HPCS 2012 conference paper submission,
please contact Conference Program Chair: Waleed W. Smari, Voice: +1 (937)
681-0098, Email: smari at arys.org.
Michele Amoretti, Ph.D.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the distributed-computing-announce