[BigDataX] REU BigDataX program notification (fwd)

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Tue Mar 29 07:41:29 CDT 2016

Hi Gruia,
I think this is a bad idea, as he will miss all the intro stuff from the
first week. But he is your #1 pick, and if you really want him and want
to accommodate him on a separate schedule, I am ok with that. It will be
more work for you as you have to bootstrap two different students on 2
separate weeks. I will leave it up to you to decide what you want to do
with this student. One option is to insist to the student that he start
on May 23rd and that he should change his plane tickets. He seemed
willing to try that, but couldn't guarantee that he could. Gruia, its
your call.
Ioan