[BigDataX] mid-term presentations

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Mon Jun 20 09:03:13 CDT 2016

Hi all,

This week we will have our REU mid-term presentations on Wednesday June
22nd from 10am to 3pm.

Jonathan, Nathan, and Iman, please read this carefully as you have
specific things you need to do related to this email.

The students presenting are (in the order below):

  * Jennifer Steffens
  * Michael Collins
  * Nathan De Graaf
  * Diptodip Deb
  * William Agnew
  * Michael Fischer
  * Jonathan Wu
  * Adelina Voukadinova
  * Alex Ballmer
  * Shreyas Moudgalya

Jonathan and Nathan will be creating the schedule for this, following
the order from above. Please send them your talk titles, and slides to
post online. Jonathan, Nathan, you will be putting up the schedule at
http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/grants/BigDataX/2016/presentations/index.html,
and you will post the student slides there. The schedule and slides
should be up by 5pm on Tuesday. Students can continue to make updates to
their slides, and you can update the website slides by Wednesday
evening. Coordinate with me on getting write access to the website.

As for the schedule itself, we will have 9 talks (2 students are working
together close enough to only take 1 slot), which gives us 4.5 hours of
presentations plus a 30 min lunch break. Each presentation will be 30
minutes, including Q&A, which means you need to prepare for 20 min
presentation. Make the lunch at 12pm-12:30pm, which means we can cover
Justin and Gruia's students from 10am to 12pm, and then Kyle and my
students from 12:30pm to 3pm. Iman, please make a room reservation from
9:30am to 4pm in Stuart Building.

Associate Professor