[BigDataX] Argonne field trip

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Tue Jun 7 18:24:15 CDT 2016

It seems to work with Kyle and Gruia as well. Can we get the ball
rolling to putting a program together as to the activities we might do
there? We need to confirm the speakers that will host us. Here was last
year's schedule (maybe we can do something similar, as last year was
great I thought, unless you have other collaborators who you can reach
out to):

7:00am: Argonne National Laboratory Field Trip

8:30 AM (Building 240 TCS, 1st floor, 1416)Light Breakfast

9:00 AM (Building 240 TCS, 1st floor, 1416)All-hands meeting

Ioan, Daniela, Justin

9:30 AM (Building 240 TCS, 2nd floor, "Big Machine Room")ALCF/TCS
Systems Tour

William Scullin

10:30 AM (Building 240 TCS, 4th floor lab)Array of Things (Rajesh Sankaran)

Futures (Viz) Lab (Joseph Insely)

11:30 AM (Argonne Cafeteria)Lunch

12:30 PM(Building 431 LOM - "Lab Operations Module")APS Tour (Sector 1:
Jun Park)

Maria Chan/Subramanian Sankaranarayanan Center for Nanoscale Materials

1:30 PM (Building 240 TCS, 1st floor, 1416)Student Cluster Competition

(William, Ben, and Alex)

2:00pm (Building 240 TCS, 1st floor, 1416)AI, Computer Vision

Medical Imaging

(Daniela and Jacob)

2:30pm (Building 240 TCS, 1st floor, 1416)Wrap-up meeting

3:30pmAdjourn

Ioan

On 6/6/16 7:49 AM, Justin M Wozniak wrote:

> The 29th is fine.
>
> On June 6, 2016 1:54:25 AM CDT, Ioan Raicu <iraicu at cs.iit.edu> wrote:
>
>     Hi Kyle, Justin, Gruia, and Mike,
>
>     I think we should do another Argonne field trip, last year's trip
>     was a smashing success! How is Wednesday June 29th? Does that work
>     for both of you? If not, can you suggest other possible dates?
>     Once we settle on the dates, we should work on the meeting agenda,
>     and the gate passes.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Ioan
>
>     --
>     Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
>     Associate Professor
>     Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology
>     Guest Research Faculty
>     Math & Computer Science, Argonne National Laboratory
>     http://www.cs.iit.edu/~iraicu/
>     http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/

> -- Justin M Wozniak (via phone)
Associate Professor