[BigDataX] Friday's schedule

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Thu Jul 7 12:12:53 CDT 2016

Also, you must fill this out before we meet tomorrow.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11a3Z9cOFXhDHBJt0uD9kldw2Llfk6LUyVzXd3_VK5GI/viewform

Do your best for now. See
http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/publications/index.html for many examples of
titles and abstracts. We will go over them during the group meeting.
They must be done before we start the 10:30am meeting tomorrow morning.

Ioan

On 7/7/16 12:01 PM, Ioan Raicu wrote:

> In addition to the SC16 posters, please look through the potential
> workshops:
>
> http://sc16.supercomputing.org/conference-components/workshops-sunmonfri/
>
> Ioan
>

> On 7/7/16 11:56 AM, Ioan Raicu wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is Friday's schedule:
>>
>>   * 9am: Normal work schedule (despite that the first event starts
>>     later in the day, I expect everyone to be at work at 9am)
>>   * 10:30am: How to write a competitive poster submission
>>   * 11:30am: Lunch
>>   * 12:30pm: Group meeting (we will discuss in detail each poster
>>     that you will write)
>>   * 2pm: Break-out meetings
>>   * 2:30pm: Leave for DePaul
>>   * 3:30pm: Women in Computing -- Panel at DePaul University
>>
>> A few things:
>>
>>   * Location of the meetings tomorrow at IIT is TBA, but they will
>>     likely be in SB111 or SB113
>>   * Posters:
>>       o Read
>>         http://sc16.supercomputing.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/SC16ResearchPostersCFPFinal-1.pdf
>>         before tomorrow morning
>>   * DePaul panel
>>       o A separate announcement was sent about this, including the
>>         specific location of the event
>>       o don't be late, you must leave at 2:30pm to make sure you
>>         arrive by 3:30pm
>>       o I encourage you not to drive as the Taste of Chicago festival
>>         will make driving really congested
>>       o public transportation, such as the L is your best bet
>>       o this panel is supposed to end at 5pm, but do not leave before
>>         it ends, even if it runs long, stay until it is finished
>>       o it looks unprofessional when people leave before an event is done
>>
>> See you tomorrow,
>> Ioan
>> --
>> Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
>> Associate Professor
>> Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology
>> Guest Research Faculty
>> Math & Computer Science, Argonne National Laboratory
>> http://www.cs.iit.edu/~iraicu/
>> http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/

> Associate Professor
> Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology
> Guest Research Faculty
> Math & Computer Science, Argonne National Laboratory
> http://www.cs.iit.edu/~iraicu/
> http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/

Associate Professor