[BigDataX] Friday's schedule

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Thu Jul 7 11:56:11 CDT 2016

Hi all,

Here is Friday's schedule:

  * 9am: Normal work schedule (despite that the first event starts later
    in the day, I expect everyone to be at work at 9am)
  * 10:30am: How to write a competitive poster submission
  * 11:30am: Lunch
  * 12:30pm: Group meeting (we will discuss in detail each poster that
    you will write)
  * 2pm: Break-out meetings
  * 2:30pm: Leave for DePaul
  * 3:30pm: Women in Computing -- Panel at DePaul University

A few things:

  * Location of the meetings tomorrow at IIT is TBA, but they will
    likely be in SB111 or SB113
  * Posters:
      o Read
        http://sc16.supercomputing.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/SC16ResearchPostersCFPFinal-1.pdf
        before tomorrow morning
  * DePaul panel
      o A separate announcement was sent about this, including the
        specific location of the event
      o don't be late, you must leave at 2:30pm to make sure you arrive
        by 3:30pm
      o I encourage you not to drive as the Taste of Chicago festival
        will make driving really congested
      o public transportation, such as the L is your best bet
      o this panel is supposed to end at 5pm, but do not leave before it
        ends, even if it runs long, stay until it is finished
      o it looks unprofessional when people leave before an event is done

See you tomorrow,

Associate Professor