[BigDataX] updates on REU applications

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Sun Feb 28 08:59:39 CST 2016

Hi Justin, Mike, Gruia, and Matt,
Here are the applications as they are coming in. We are at 28
applications. I hope to get 10~20 more by tomorrow's deadline. You can
see the applications at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dQYGpnvkKWorwzZx1jOnkhv4u-feEgLNp3sjDKm7aso/edit#gid=708299880

And all the supplemental materials, transcripts, letters, etc, at:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1GZitDEm-x5SFBiYlVoZ2FCdlk&usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing these documents. Once the
deadline for applications passes, we should all look through the
applications and rank the candidates, and then pull a meeting either in
person or skype to do final ranking of candidates. Lets sync up on this
next week.

I also wanted to introduce to you Iman Sadooghi <isadoogh at iit.edu>, my
5th year PhD student who will be working with us this summer to help run
the program. I have added him to the bigdatax at datasys.cs.iit.edu list,
and have shared all the online documents above with him as well.