[BigDataX] BigDataX 2016 REU Program

Chin Wun Tsui dtsui at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 15 01:09:29 CST 2016

Dear Department of Computer Science at Illinois Institute of Technology,

My name is Davis Tsui and I am a third year student at the University of
Chicago majoring in Computation & Applied Mathematics.

I am very interested in your BigDataX 2016 REU summer program and would
love to have the opportunity to participate in it. However, I am an
international student and it says on the application that international
students are not allowed to apply.

I was wondering if any exceptions could be made so that I can have the
opportunity to apply and be considered an applicant. After taking an Intro
to Big Data Computing class at UChicago, i have always been looking for the
opportunity to expand my horizons in Big Data computing. However,
unfortunately, as the field of big data is relatively new, my school does
not offer many classes on big data computing specifically yet. This passion
for big data and the lack of a formal exposure to it has led me to apply
for this summer program and I would really appreciate the opportunity to
apply.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
Davis