[BigDataX] 8 students confirmed

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Fri Apr 8 00:05:51 CDT 2016

Hi REU mentors:
We are all set, we have 8 students!

First Name    Last Name    University Affiliation    Degree

 1. Jennifer    Steffens    Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa Computer
    Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics
 2. Diptodip    Deb    Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
    Computer Science
 3. Adelina    Voukadinova    University of Illinois at Chicago,
    Chicago, Illinois    Bioengineering
 4. Michael    Collins    Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey,
    New Brunswick, NJ    Electrical Engineering
 5. Jonathan    Wu    Washington University in St. Louis Computer
    Science, Mathematics
 6. Nathan    De Graaf    Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa Computer
    Engineering, Mathematics
 7. Michael    Fischer    University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha,
    Wisconsin    Computer Science
 8. William    Agnew    Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta,
    Georgia    Mathematics, Physics

Two additional IIT undergrads will join us with funding from elsewhere,
so we will have 10 UG students in total.

We will also have some Brazilian UG students, likely 10 more (5 that I
am managing and another 5 for Gruia). The dates for BSMP will overlap
with the REU students for 8 weeks. They all start on May 23rd.

Its going to be an exciting summer! I'll get working on the hiring
paperwork and housing.