[BigDataX] summer 2015 research internship student applicant Ihar Laziuk

skjorgg ihar.laziuk at zoho.com
Tue Mar 31 14:10:42 CDT 2015

Dear Sir, dear Madam:

I am a student at a community college at the City University of New York (BMCC). I am very interested in the research opportunity for the summer 2015. I know the deadline for the applications has passed. I only heard about the research program from a faculty member just this week so I could not submit my application earlier.

I am a Computer Science major, 3.9 GPA, just got accepted as a transfer student to Columbia U for the fall 2015.

Could you let me know, please, if there is still an opportunity to submit my application in case the positions have not been filled yet.

I have previous on campus research experience participating in CSTEP program, research on encryption in Java, fall 2014.

I am particularly interested in Parallel Programming Systems and Distributed Storage Systems. I will also be interested in other fields of research within the research experience 2015. I do meet all the criteria to apply, full time student CS major, GPA 3.9, permanent resident of the US.

Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely,

Ihar Laziuk

ihar.laziuk at zoho.com