[BigDataX] For next year

Adam Denchfield adenchfi at hawk.iit.edu
Wed Mar 25 09:09:05 CDT 2015

Hi there,
My name is Adam Denchfield, and I'm a current student at the Illinois
Institute of Technology. I'm a math/applied physics double major, who's
also taking a fair bit of CS classes.
Anyway, I was wondering if the REU accepts students from IIT. I'd love to
stay local for a summer. I'm planning for next summer, not this one, since
I didn't know of this REU in time. Also, if I would indeed be eligible, I'd
love to ask: how can I prepare for the REU and/or applying for it? Any
tips? Would recommendation letters from CS professors be better than other
professors, if both knew me equally well? Et cetera.

Regards,
Adam