[BigDataX] BigDataX REU - Recommendation for Boyang Dong

Matthew Bauer bauerm at iit.edu
Wed Mar 4 09:44:32 CST 2015

I have known Boyang Dong for almost 2 years now. I am his CS advisor for
his double degree in CS an CPE. Boyang is a very strong student, achieving
both his major GPA and overall GPA over 3.5. He will finish both degrees
in 4.5 years total. Boyang is a strong communicator, able to clearly state
his ideas and ask thoughtful questions. He was a CS Lab TA for a few terms
and was able to assist students with varying abilities.

His work experience demonstrates Boyang's breadth of CS ability in
databases, programming languages, and data analysis. I am happyt to
recommend him for the summer 2015 BigDataX REU.

Sincerely,

Matthew Bauer
Senior Lecturer - CS Dept