[BigDataX] BigDataX 2015

Crawford, Cole D. ColeCrawford at creighton.edu
Thu Feb 26 14:27:42 CST 2015

Hello,

This email should be directed to the director or coordinator of the BigDataX REU Program. My name is Cole Crawford, and I am currently a senior at Creighton University majoring in computer science and English literature. I've been actively researching in the digital humanities for the past few years and am currently interning with Creighton's research and development lab, where I work with genetics databases and cluster computing. I was interested to hear about this internship experience because I would like to learn how to scale up the techniques I have been using in my own research to larger data sets. The Big Data and Data Intensive Computer Applications topics listed on the application form are especially interesting to me. I recognize the internship is directed at undergraduate students, but I was wondering if I am eligible to apply as a graduating senior; I will be attending graduate school next fall and am looking for a summer program. If I'm eligible, BigDataX definitely looks like what I'm searching for!

Thank you,

Cole Crawford