[BigDataX] updates on BigDataX REU program at IIT/UChicago

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Fri Apr 3 12:23:57 CDT 2015

Dear Michael,
Thank you for your interest in the BigDataX program
(http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/grants/BigDataX/2015/index.html) at Illinois
Institute of Technology and University of Chicago. We wanted to give you
an update on the evaluation process. We have not finalized everything,
especially the housing arrangements, but we hope to be ready to make
notifications by Friday April 10th.

In the meantime, we wanted to double check a few things:

 1. Are you still interested in this position?
 2. Are you a US citizen or permanent resident?
 3. Will you be graduating after 08/21/2015?
 4. You can participate in the REU program in full time capacity from
    06/15/2015 to 08/21/2015
 5. You need housing to be provided by the REU program

If you can simply respond to this email answering the above 5 questions,
we would very much appreciate it! Again, we aim to have final decisions
made by April 10th.

Cheers,
Ioan, Justin, Gruia, and Mike

Email:    iraicu at cs.iit.edu