[BigDataX] updates on BigDataX REU program at IIT/UChicago

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Fri Apr 3 11:55:24 CDT 2015

Dear Chelsea,
Thank you for your interest in the BigDataX program
(http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/grants/BigDataX/2015/index.html) at Illinois
Institute of Technology and University of Chicago. We wanted to give you
an update on the evaluation process. Although we have not finalized
everything, including some logistics regarding housing, we have narrowed
down the list of candidate students.

We are happy to inform you that you were among our top candidates, and
that we are working hard to finalize everything in order to send you a
formal acceptance into the program. In the meantime, we wanted to double
check a few things:

 1. Are you still interested in this position?
 2. Are you a US citizen or permanent resident?
 3. Will you be graduating after 08/21/2015?
 4. You can participate in the REU program in full time capacity from
    06/15/2015 to 08/21/2015
 5. You need housing to be provided by the REU program
 6. Would you still be interested in the program, and could participate
    fully, if it were to start on 06/01/2015, and end on 08/07/2015? We
    are trying to keep as many options open regarding the on-campus
    housing, and knowing this information would give us more flexibility
    in securing convenient on-campus housing.

If you can simply respond to this email answering the above 6 questions,
we would very much appreciate it! Again, we aim to have final decisions
made by April 10th.

Cheers,
Ioan, Justin, Gruia, and Mike

Email:    iraicu at cs.iit.edu