Workshop on Many-Task Computing on Grids and Supercomputers (MTAGS)Co-located with IEEE/ACM Supercomputing/SC
The workshop on Many-Task Computing on Grids and Supercomputers (MTAGS) has been running since 2008, founded by Ioan Raicu, Yong Zhao, and Ian Foster. The workshop is organized by a world renowned steering committee, and the best researchers and faculty members working in many areas related to many-task computing.
MTAGS has provided the scientific community a dedicated forum for presenting new research, development, and deployment efforts of large-scale many-task computing (MTC) applications on large scale clusters, Grids, Supercomputers, and Cloud Computing infrastructure. MTC, the theme of the workshop encompasses loosely coupled applications, which are generally composed of many tasks (both independent and dependent tasks) to achieve some larger application goal. This workshop covers challenges that can hamper efficiency and utilization in running applications on large-scale systems, such as local resource manager scalability and granularity, efficient utilization of raw hardware, parallel file system contention and scalability, data management, I/O management, reliability at scale, and application scalability. The workshop has been co-located with the IEEE/ACM Supercomputing Conference since its inception.
The papers published in these events can be found at http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=gABvFbYAAAAJ.
- Ioan Raicu, Illinois Institute of Technology & Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Ian Foster, University of Chicago & Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Yong Zhao, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
- Justin Wozniak, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- David Abramson, Monash University, Australia
- Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee, USA
- Geoffrey Fox, Indiana University, USA
- Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, USA
- Marc Snir, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
- Xian-He Sun, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Weimin Zheng, Tsinghua University, China